Located in the south eastern Elba the country faces the terrace on a ridge of Mount Calamita, 167 meters s.l.m.
Its name and its origins date back to Roman and Caput Liberi is Latin Colle Libero, meaning sacred to Bacchus, and as a place full of vineyards and wine. of historical and cultural interest are the Sanctuary of the Madonna delle Grazie, the Fort Focardo, the apse of the Chapel of St. Michael. The main town of Capoliveri centers are: Lacona, Naregno, Lido, Walls, Morcone, Innamorata and Cala Grande.
Forte Focardo It was built by the Spaniards in 1678 and served as a defense system of the Gulf of Mola. Today belongs to the Navy.
Sanctuary of Our Lady of Grace The Sanctuary has a Latin cross with Oriental-style dome was built in the '500.
Monte Calamita It stands 413 meters s.l.m. on the peninsula in the south eastern side of the island. The abundant presence of magnetite in the whole area has fueled the popular legends attributing the causes of shipwrecks mineral attracting the metal parts of ships making bumping relentlessly against the cliffs of Punta Calamita. Fact is that in these places the compass needle is greatly disrupted.
Apse of San Michele It is what remains of a medieval church in Pisan architecture. It is located just outside the village near an abandoned cemetery. In 1376 Pope Gregory XI, during the return trip from Avignon to Rome, he stopped at Capoliveri and celebrated mass in the church of San Michele.
the Beaches Barabarca (sand), Calanova (sand), Felciaio (sands), Ferrato (sand), Innamorata (sand), Lacona (sand), Lido (sand), Madonna delle Grazie (sand and gravel) Margidore (sand and gravel) Morcone (sand), Naregno (sand), Northmen (sand), Wall (sand), Remaiolo (sand and gravel), Straccoligno (sand), Zuccale (sand).